Tank-full

November 25, 2009 at 2:14 pm 7 comments

My tank is full. I’m thankful. Full of thanks, for so many things.

At the beginning of the school year, I asked the powers that be for C to find one friend. Thank you.

My greatest wish for C has always been, and will continue to be, that he is both healthy and happy. Thank you.

C is blessed with many, many adults surrounding him who completely adore him. Thank you.

Between the two of us, Husband and I are sometimes able to be a step or two ahead of whatever C has in store. Thank you.

Every night before I go to sleep I ask the powers that be for the patience and strength to get through the next day. Thank you.

The people on C’s team at school are simply amazing. Thank you.

I have found strengths that I didn’t know I had. I used to think if I could get through the trauma surrounding C’s birth, I could probably do anything. Now I know I can. Thank you.

I have a child who is so enthusiastic, so happy, and so charming, that people just fall in love with him wherever he goes. Thank you.

I have an incredible support system: from Husband, who tells me all the time what a great Mommy I am; to parents who tell me the same; to a respite provider that loves C as much as I do; to a brother and SIL who happily chat on the phone with C for an hour so I can make dinner; to friends flung far and wide both in real life and here in the internet world. Thank you.

And thank you all for sharing this journey with me.

Entry filed under: autism. Tags: , , , , , , .

Hold my hand Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus

7 Comments Add your own

• 1. jesch  |  November 25, 2009 at 3:22 pm

And we are grateful for your infinite patience, inquiring mind and endless stamina.

• 2. robinaltman  |  November 25, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

• 3. mama edge  |  November 25, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Wonderful list. And “the powers that be” makes me *snort*, so thank you for that!

Mama Edge, anytime I can repay a snort to YOU, I am a happy girl. I can’t count how many times I’ve been grateful I wasn’t drinking something while reading one of your posts because I’m pretty sure I would’ve ruined multiple computers by now!

• 4. therocchronicles  |  November 25, 2009 at 9:16 pm

I like this post! Great stuff! I’m thankful you write your blog–you are one of the first I starting reading and it led me to check out others too!

Thank you! You are one of my favorites too!

• 5. pixiemama  |  November 27, 2009 at 9:21 am

I’m thankful for you, too, sweetheart.
    xo

• 6. Becky  |  November 28, 2009 at 6:24 pm

You know, over the years I find I am still baffled by the excellent parents who still question the things they do while it never even occurs to the parents who should consider it. C is a very lucky boy.

• 7. Julie  |  December 3, 2009 at 9:15 pm

I know I’m a little late with this, but I’m soo grateful to C for always taking (sometime cajoling ) me into his world and taking me out of mine. Most of the time his world is a much better place for me to be and I enjoy so much being there with him. He’s truly a blessing in my life and I’ve been so lucky to have been able to spend these (can it be years?) with him and you too !!! ( and P dog too of course 😀 )